Find an Orthodontist Near You
COVID-19 | Coronavirus Updates for your Practice
Updated Guidance from California Department of Health Allows Practices to Resume Deferred & Preventative Care
On May 7, The California Department of Public Health issued updated guidance on resuming dental practice around the state. This guidance provides a comprehensive explanation of criteria to follow as you reopen your practice.
While restarting practices may be slow at first, particularly because of the lack of sufficient personal protective equipment (PPE), a clear foundation has been established to work from. Please consider joining the grassroots movement to advocate for distribution of essential PPE to the dental community. The California Dental Association’s online tool makes it easy to add your support.
The CDA work group, which included CAO member Dr. Norm Nagel, worked closely with the state dental director to develop guidance and FAQs for screening, infection control and PPE use consistent with the updated state guidance. Our profound thanks to Dr. Nagel for his capable and dedicated leadership.
As you move forward with reopening your office, all the information you need is included in the California Department of Public Health guidance linked above. You can also find individual links below to specific sites as well as links to additional reopening resources.
- Sample Patient Email-Resuming Routine Care>>
- Orthodontic Procedure List/PPE Considerations>>
- Virtual Visit Resources>>
- AAO Reopening Resources>>
- California Dental Association Back to Practice Resources>>
- American Dental Association Return to Work Toolkit>>
- OSHA Guidelines for Dentistry>>
- CDC infection prevention and control guidance for dental settings>>