Dr. Katie Bales shares her thoughts on sparkling wine & water consumption.

“Although these sparkling drinks can be lower in sugar than other popular fizzy drinks, they are highly acidic and soften the protective enamel that covers each tooth,” said Bales.

Regular consumption of low pH, or acidic drinks doesn’t allow time for the mouth’s natural remineralization process—causing enamel to be leached away, and leaving teeth unprotected, worn and hyper-sensitive.

“There’s no need to completely cut these beverages out of your life, but it’s important to be mindful of how products labeled as a ‘healthful alternative’ aren’t always that,” Bales added.

Read the entire article on Record-Bee.